Cleaning and conditioning leather products are easy if these get considered skin. Just as we clean and moisturise our skin, we should treat leather products to keep them supple, pliable, and resilient. You can prolong the life of your vintage leather bag if you keep your skincare in mind while cleaning and conditioning it.
We have written this blog to give users the easiest hacks for maintaining their leather bags without losing their charm. So, stick to it till the end and learn the hacks in detail!
The Best Way to Hand Washing the Vintage Leather Bags
As a professional private label leather manufacturer, we have gained more than sufficient experience with leather items because we spend most of our time with this product. So, no one can better understand its nuances than our professionals.
The following hacks will help you safely hand wash your vintage leather bag. For more details, you may also visit our Facebook page!
- Remove any spot or stain from the bag before washing it.
- Use warm water and a gentle cleanser, and rub the leather with a soft cloth for a lather in the area you want to clean.
- Wipe the excess water with a clean, soft, and dry cloth.
- Rinse the lather by running through lukewarm water or wiping it with a damp cloth.
- Pat the bag dry with a clean towel.
- Let the vintage bag dry flat in a warm place (Except direct sunlight, fire, heater, stove, etc.)
Conditioning the Vintage Leather Bags
- Use microfiber cloths when conditioning leather.
- Consider dampening the clothes before applying the conditioner to them.
- Never directly apply the conditioner to the bag.
- Apply conditioner to the bag by gently rubbing it into its line or nap until it covers the entire surface.
- Take 30 minutes break between applying the next coat of conditioner.
However, remember that you should never use conditioners on leather bags containing waxes or silicone since these do not allow the leather to breathe. Otherwise, this hack will damage the product instead of benefitting it. Stay connected with our Twitter page to get more information!
Hopefully, this blog has been helpful for you while maintaining the charm and effectiveness of vintage leather bags. However, if you want to grow our leather business and take it to a higher level, look no further and contact us. Visiting our Pinterest page will give you an insight into our previously made items!